Because it is rule driven, CommissionCalc has virtually unlimited flexibility in the
commission plans it can automate. Examples include:
Rate and Bonus Computed From
- Quotas or rate tiers
- Price or discount
- Timeliness of customer payment
- Spiffs for new customers or other reasons
- Package size
Pay Based On
Allocate Commission To
- Internal and external salespeople employed by the company
- Independent representatives
- Support personnel
Allocate Rebates To
- Parent companies
- Buying groups
Pay Commission On
- Receipt of full or partial payment from the customer
- Invoicing. Charge back commission if payment is not received within a specified
time or if the receivable is written off
- Milestones, when commission is due at multiple times during the sales and performance cycle
Accrue Commission Expense On
- Credit memo processing
- Commission chargeback. For example, commission might be accrued on invoicing but charged back if the invoice isn't paid
in 120 days
These are just the common variables. CommissionCalc's
rule-drive design also lets it handle truly unique plans. Three example from the many this commission module has implemented are:
All of the above can be adjusted based on product or other factors. For example, certain products may not be commissionable,
each product line may have its own quota, or profit may be computed after adding overhead to direct cost.
- One user has an annual quota for each customer, with each customerís year starting on the anniversary of their first
- Another pays a different commission on items picked up by a customer and those shipped to the customer
- A third pays a commission rate based on the salespersonís lifetime sales.
Commission is usually based on a combination of these factors, and often others, so CommissionCalc
is designed to automate plans combining multiple rules.
Works With Dynamics GP, MAS, Accpac, Macola, etc.
|Although its rule driven design is a prime reason for CommissionCalc's
flexibility, that isn't the only reason. In addition, It integrates easily with almost any
accounting system. Out of the box, it is integrated with Dynamics GP, MAS 90/200, Accpac ERP, and Macola Progression and ES. Furthermore, "Plug In"
interfaces can interface this commission module with other accounting software.
|© Copyright 2000-2016, an unpublished work by Flaum Technologies |